Kasım 30th, 2019,
Practical Fruit-infused Christmas gin, Fruit-infused Christmas gin, Fruit-infused Christmas gin, Easy Fruit-infused Christmas gin
- 1 pear (red, if possible)
- 4 red apples
- 120g dried pears or dried apples
- 1 litre decent quality gin
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Core and slice the pear and apples and put with the dried fruit in a large sterilised jar (see Know-how).
- Pour the gin over the fruit, seal the jar and give it all a good shake. Store in a cool, dark place for 7-10 days – the longer you leave it the darker and more intensely flavoured it will be.
- Strain the gin into 3 x 250ml sealable bottles (see tip). Insert a sprig of fresh rosemary, if you like. Seal and decorate with festive ribbons.
- Don’t throw away the soaked fruit. Store in a container in the fridge, then serve with Greek yogurt as a light pudding.
- To sterilise jars and lids, wash them in soapy water, rinse and leave to dry. Put them in the oven at 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool before filling.