Kasım 29th, 2019,
Praktisch meatloaf with sticky glaze, Easy meatloaf with sticky glaze, meatloaf with sticky glaze
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g British beef mince
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 75ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or Pickapeppa sauce (from amazon.co.uk or theasiancookshop.co.uk)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Splash olive oil for frying, plus extra for greasing
- Mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables or a leafy salad to serve (optional)
For the glaze
- 125ml tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Tabasco or your favourite hot sauce
Useful to have…
- Digital probe thermometer
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½. In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients except the oil and serving suggestions. Using your hands is easiest for this – be careful not to overwork the meat. Fry a small piece of the mixture and taste to check the seasoning, then adjust it before shaping the mixture into a loaf shape. Put on a baking tray greased with a little olive oil, then bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix the ketchup and hot sauce to make the glaze, then brush thickly over the top of the meatloaf. Return to the oven for 15 minutes more or until cooked through – it should read 70°C in the centre when tested with a digital probe thermometer.
- Rest the meatloaf for 5 minutes, still on its tray. Slice and serve with mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetables or salad.
- Meatloaf demands red wine. Make it a ripe, juicy California merlot.